Come see what is on the menu this week! I work toward once a week grocery shopping and fast, easy cooking!!

Friday, June 25, 2010

All about the babies!

Well, I have been majorly slacking on the Adult Meals front. So I am going to focus on the Babies and their food, and secondary will be what I make for us...which soon will be the same!!!

My kids are fantastic eaters...here are a few of the dishes they have had.

Chicken with Leek, carrot and peas

2lb chicken thighs with bone
6-8 already purade carrot cubes
5 already purade greenbean (I didn't feel like making peas since i already had the greenbeans made)
and about 2/3 cup of diced leaks (white part only)

Pasta with Butternut Squash and Tomatoes

1 small butternut squash (8 ounces chopped) (so easy to roast - cut in half, place cut side down with a little bit of water on bottom of pan, bake 45-60 min @350)
1 1/2 Tbl tiny star pasta
1 Tbl unsalted butter (this sounds huge!! I will be cutting this back)
2 medium tomatoes (8oz) peeled, seeded and chopped (I will be using diced canned and then rinse through a strainer)
1/4 c graded cheddar cheese
2 Tbs milk

Chicken with Zucchini/Yellow Squash and Basil

I think you can figure that one out... :)

Today they will be having Sweet Potato Fries!!

I have sliced 3 Sweet Potatoes
In a zip lock back mix:
Olive Oil
Cinnamon
Ground Cloves
Black pepper

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment