Tuesday - Fajitas
Thursday - Chicken Florentine
Chinese Lemon Chicken CrockPot Recipe
--4 boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces or equivalent
--1/2 cup flour
--1 T kosher salt
--6 oz (1/2 can) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
--3 T brown sugar
--1 t balsamic vinegar
--3 T ketchup
--olive oil for browning chicken
updated 9/20/09: I've heard from a few readers that 1 tablespoon of
salt is too much. If you are using iodized or table salt, this will
be the case. Kosher salt doesn't taste as "salty" as regular salt,
and since the granules are larger, you don't get as much in the
tablespoon as you would with regular salt. Adjust accordingly!
1. cut chicken into strips or largish chunks
2. dredge in flour and salt, shake off excess
3. brown chicken in a skillet with a bit of olive oil
(you are not trying to cook the chicken--just give it some color
and get the flour mixture to stick a bit)
4. place into crockpot
5. mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the
top of chicken pieces
6. cover and cook on high for 4 hours, low for 6-8
Serve over rice, drizzle with remaining sauce.
Buy the meat already made
Assemble with goodies in tortillas
Chicken Florentine Casserole
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/8 cup butter
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream
of mushroom soup
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup half-and-half - or some kind of milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
frozen spinach, drained
4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup bacon bits
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the chicken
breast halves on a baking sheet; bake 20 to 30 minutes, until no longer pink
and juices run clear. Remove from heat, and set aside.
2. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring
constantly, mix in the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian
seasoning, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese.
4. Arrange the spinach over the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish. Cover
the spinach with the mushrooms. Pour half the mixture from the saucepan over
the mushrooms. Arrange chicken breasts in the dish, and cover with the remaining
sauce mixture. Sprinkle with bacon bits, and top with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven, until
bubbly and lightly browned.